Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Breast Cancer...

So, there’s not much new in my life…so I don’t really have anything to write. All I do is work, sleep, keep secretes for people (you know who you are) and love my husband. And considering that work takes up 35 hours of my week, I thought I would share with you all some of the shocking facts I found out while working at the CCS:

*Breast cancer is the most frequently occurring cancer in women on PEI
*An estimated 100 new cases of breast cancer and 25 deaths will occur in PEI in 2006
*1 in 9 women is expected to develop breast cancer during her lifetime. One in 27 will die of it (THIS IS SCARY! THINK OF 8 OTHER WOMEN…ONE OF YOU WILL HAVE BREAST CANCER!)
*and this one is the worse….you can’t completely prevent breast cancer, but the best method of survival is early detections, by means of a mammogram (recommended for women over the age of 40)…and on PEI there is a very low percentage of women actually getting a mammogram….WOW….I don’t understand, it’s free, it only takes like 20 minutes (the process only takes about a min)…and it could save your life...

So that’s my rant….if you are a women over the age of 40, please GET YOUR MAMMOGRAM. If you aren’t a women over the age of 40…tell your MOM to get her mammogram done…

People, this is serious….and I don’t usually talk about such serious things…But I love you all, and cancer kills…so get tested!

Love you all
autumn

ps. For more info check out www.cancer.ca
pps. don't worry, tomorrow I won't talk about such serious stuff

1 Comments:

Blogger peiparents said...

HI,
I think you have an exciting life, and I know you love to do such a variety of things and that you are excellent at keeping secrets.
Have a great day and thanks for the reminder to be health smart.
I love you, take care!! MOM

9:00 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home