Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Infrastructure?

What do you think of my new shoes?
I had to go and get "steel-toe" shoes and a hard hat, in order to be allowed to go on the Infrastructure tours last week....so these are my new shoes!

Okay, so ever since I took my new job, everyone asks me "What is Infrastructure?"
The dictionary defines Infrastructure as:
1.the basic, underlying framework or features of a system or organization.
2.the fundamental facilities and systems serving a country, city, or area, as transportation and communication systems, power plants, and schools.

On PEI, infrastructure looks at issues such as: Road, Bridges, Sports facilities, community centres, sewer, water, transportation, cultural facilities, waterfront developments, and the like.

Last week I got to go and tour some of the Infrastructures sites currently in developement, such as the Wastewater Treatment Plan in Summerside below is their sign), and the new Summerside Wellness Center (check out the plans below...this is an amazing new building. 2 swimming pools, a bowling alley, 2 ice rinks, conference center, meeting rooms, kitchen and a workout center...it is going to officialy open in late spring, but the pool is open now).

Infrastructure is very important to our society! Horray for Infrastructure!!!! :)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home