Monday, October 23, 2006

New Adventures



Sorry…I know it’s been a couple weeks since I updated the blog… but I’ve been busy! Work at the Cancer Society has been great! We have had an incredible response to our campaign!

I finish at the Cancer Society on Nov 10, and I immediately start a new adventure, with a new job with the Provincial Government. I know I’ve been saying how much I’ve been looking forward to taking some time off…but this opportunity arose, and I just couldn’t turn it down!

I applied for a gov job last Feb, and I was told that I was the #2 candidate. My resume was kept on record, and couple weeks ago I was called up and offered a job as Communication Officer for Infrastructure and Planning under the department of Community and Cultural Affairs…. I was shocked, I hadn’t applied for the job, but it seemed too good to pass on. So as soon as I finish at the Cancer Society, I start a 5-month (with the very likely possibility of becoming permit) full time position with the provincial gov! I’m very excited!

Please keep Corey and I in your prayers, and starting new adventure is as nerve racking as it is exciting! I know that God does not challenge us any more than we can handle....and I really feel that God has given me this new opportunity, and that he will use this job to strengthen and challenge me in new ways!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lois said...

Hey Autumn and Corey,

This is Aaron & Erica from beautiful Deer Island. We are so proud of you Autumn. The new job sounds great! We can't wait to see you and Corey on the other island in another week.

Love you!

9:57 a.m.

 
Blogger autumn said...

Thanks guys! I excited about the job....but I'm even more excited to see you all next weekend!
Take Care
Love you all!
autumn

10:26 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home